Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sorry its been so long.


Culture things:
Everything is served with ham and cheese here: empanadas, omelets, pizza, dip for chicken nuggets, subway, sandwiches your host mom makes, milonesa (like chicken fried steak) is served with ham, cheese, and tomato sauce. EVERYTHING has ham and cheese incorporated.

Christmas-y themed leggings, long long hair, big stud earrings, and hipster scarves are all huge here. People also like to dress WAY warmer then they need to, to walk around the city.

Also, fernet and coke and Campari are the drinks of choice. Along with speed and vodka, or speed and champagne. (Speed is argentine redbull)

School:
I got a 94 on my midterm and I have my written final on Wednesday, then my oral presentation on Thursday. I took my Tango class final on Monday (it was eeeeasy cause we have been tango-ing so much outside of class). My classes aren’t hard and its fun to meet other kids who are attending university who live in Mendoza.

Tango:
Me and a few other kids in my tango class are obsessed with Tango. Last week I tango-ed twice on tues, once on wed, thurs, and Friday. I also watched a tango show on Thursday. We just keep learning new steps and improving our form and following/leading skills.  :DDDD

Being back at Baylor:
We are all planning on having an Argentina party some time during the semester. It will include: 8pm: empanadas/salad/bread and some wine and mate. 10pm: Asada, mate, wine 11:30pm: tango music begins and those who know how begin to tear it up 2am: boliche music gets turned on and fernet and coke is talked about, we mention how much we hate it and how we wish we had some for old time’s sake and then we dance the night away! probably till around 6 in the morning. Best Party Plans Ever!! :D

Food:
My favorite foods I have eaten here are:
Amazing Lasagna from this really nice Italian restaurant in Cordoba.
Empenadas! There are lots of different kinds. Like ham and cheese; beef, egg, onion, olive; cheese and tomato; “Arabe” is like beef and onion and spices (my favorite kind!)
Onion pizza!
The rice and chicken my host mom makes.
Alfajores!!!!! 3 layers of cookies with dulce de leche in between, all covered in chocolate.
Panchos!! Foot long hot dogs with tons of fixins! And tiny French fry-shaped chips put on top.
Asado! Tons of meat bbq-ed to perfection. So much meat…

No comments:

Post a Comment