Saturday, May 14, 2011

Loans, Luggage, and Liability.

Loans
Yippeeee! My loan has been approved and sent through all the legal channels. I officially accepted it this week and I am financially set for my travels. I was allowed more funds then the tuition actually costs, so I can use the extra money for my argentina cell phone costs, books, and whatever else I need to purchase while there.

Luggage
My momma and I went shopping yesterday for lots of things I would need for the trip, so I got a big suitcase, some tights, and gifts for my teachers and host family. I also got some new gladiators and a bag that is going to function as my carry on for the plane, my backpack for class, and my overnight bag for weekend trips through the Baylor program. I LOVE MULTI-FUNCTIONALITY! Its all coming together and I'm getting really excited, well excited and scared. (Can you name the song I just partially quoted??)

Liability
I had a minor melt down this week when I didn't have a list of exactly what papers I needed to make a copy of to leave here with my parents, and I almost wrote my program director a frantic email. But I pulled it together and just started gathering all my important papers and I kinda figured it out on my own. I copied my passport, my student abroad insurance card, my credit card, the list of emergency numbers in Argentina, my itinerary, and the brochure that came with my travel insurance so my parents would have all that whatnot.

Just 7 Days!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy and excited for you! i cant wait to read all your updates and see pictures whenever you put them up. im glad you got everything together. don't worry about being scared, it's natural when youre about to head into unfailiar territory. but when it becomes familiar it'll be amazing <3

    ReplyDelete